Saturday, March 1, 2014

New Day, New Month, New Novel


For this latest HF novel, I spent 8 months on research
( including traveling 300 kilometers across France to visit a town where I stayed in a hotel featured in the novel in order to ascertain how it appeared during WWII ). 
I also relied heavily on the wealth of information I gleaned from authoritative history books about the period, combined with visits to museums and numerous sites of historical value. I spent the next 4 months writing the first draft of the manuscript.
I must admit that the fact-finding missions were far more inspiring than sitting at a keyboard tapping out my prose, but gained great satisfaction from knowing that the facts were accurate.
Now the hard work really starts...attending book-signing events amidst an on-going  publicity campaign.
http://jamesvanceauthor.wix.com/awesomefiction/





No comments:

Post a Comment